lunedì 1 febbraio 2010

My (ex)garden

Went home again yesterday… I had to pick up the last few things I left there (including the voodoo fetishes) was the 31st , last day of the month, don’t want to pay for next month for not using it…
It’s strange cos my studio is still doing fine but all around everything is in ruins.
From the inside, everything seems normal, the red curtains, the quiet, the forest outside
But you just need to open the door, that looks on the side, and you are back to the new reality still difficult to understand.. but today was more evident.
In the garden was plenty of volunteers from Ohio or Idaho, or something like.. they are there to “repair the hospital” that was in the compound, hope the will succeed but I wonder how long they will be staying..not sure if a couple of weeks will be enough…
ok am being a bit polemic, but I didn't like to have my (ex)garden invaded by them, and their happy attitude, playing with children and looking at me wile I was walking away with my fetishes like a stranger..
Anyway I can understand the willing of doing something, and this country needs a lot and everything is welcome, but why they came with a dozen of private contractors?? Those paramilitaries, were in my (ex) garden armed to the teeth. More than the US marines that are patrolling the streets!
And still they look weak to me…all the equipment seemed to be new, like a first mission in this land of voodooists, head cutters, gangster looters kidnappers random violence….probably this is how they have been briefed.. forgetting how calm are being the Haitians compared to the tragedy they are living.. (as if the previous ones were not enough) and forgetting how nice is the country
Super tough but at the same time they looked vulnerable and scared by this place and people they don’t know…
Sad to have them in my (ex) garden…

Blow some pics of the camp where they would like to put us..
I had check in, but yesterday evening I’ve checked out without sleeping there one night. I’ll continue stay in the base until possible..
Last picture is the Saturday market in front of the military base by the camp.The guys in green can not really go out..so the market comes to them.

On the way back from the camp, 9:30 PM, I passed in front the US Embassy, there were already people waiting in a long line to hand their Vista request next day..



















































1 commento:

  1. e la tua manona?!?! spero stia bene =)

    proprio perchè sono spaventati da quella terra strana e nuova, da quella gente particolarmente musicale che si saranno ricoperti di "protezioni"..ma che ci devi fà è la loro indole invadere...anche il tuo ex giardino! ;)

    RispondiElimina